SEO tips year 2013
The days we used to simply add our target keywords to the websites title and meta tags and expect search engines to rank us on top for those search terms are long gone. There are much more and the best part is that every new technique that are deployed by SEO specialists in order to rank well for keywords, sooner or later gets discovered by Google.
People think SEO is dead but the day SEO will is the day Search Engines no longer exist.
2013 is just around the corner and with a lot going on in the past few months in the SEO industry, updates including panda, penguin & EMD to name a few. Some of the important aspects to focus on include:
1. Forget about Search Engines and focus on potential visitors to your website.
2. Onsite optimisation with users in mind keep it relative and relevant - Do not stuff keywords or copy content.
3. Do not submit link to FFA (Free For All) directories and try to have links only from reputable and related sources.
4. Try to use keyword variations and not exact keywords when linking back.
5. Build a reputable brand first before targeting high competitive keywords.
6. Keep a close eye on CTR (Click Through Rate) on Google Analytics to identify your best performing pages and keep improving.
7. Build a reputable Author bio on Google+ profile
8. Create Google+ business for your business/brand (It is as important as having a website for a business)
9. Get involved in Googleplus communities
Matt Cutts, the head of Google’s web spam team would agree with me as Google take steps to improve the quality of search, to give users a better search experience, it is our responsibility, not to spam as responsible SEOs.
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!